Monday, October 22, 2007

parties




I am getting emails from friends that are saying they enjoy reading about my adventures so I guess I will continue to keep posting stories. This story actually took place over a month ago but I have been busy so I haven't written about it until now. One night at dinner I was talking with some friends about birthdays and I mentioned that I already had my birthday and everyone said I should just make up a day and have an"ice birthday". What happened was that they decided to have one for me. The party was billed as a "Showgirls" party where we were all going to sit around and watch the special 10 year anniversery edition of showgirls the movie, a terrible movie but really funny to laugh at. Little did I know but it was also my surprise birthday party. A bunch of people were invited but only one or two people there actually knew it wasn't my birthday. It was a giant surprise party for everyone, both me and all the guests that were just trying to celebrate my entry into the world. My three friends that made the whole thing up thought it was the best thing ever and all night long I played the role of the birthday boy. We ended up going to the bar and everybody bought me drinks. It was great. There was live music, dancing, and everyone had a fun night and not until the morning did they find out it wasn't my birthday. The photo here is probably the best photo to show a party down here. I am the dressed up pimp in the corner on the left. The photo has everything, young, old, hippies, blue-collar, hipsters, people dressed up. Everything.

3 comments:

Isabel Aven and Sylvia Harper said...

damn galen. that's hot. you should sport your pimp wardrobe more often man ;-)

blair

Unknown said...

They have pimps in Antarctica?

That place is getting urban quickly.

Anonymous said...

did you do the tootsie roll? it's not a party unless you do that galen.