Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Requests


By popular demand, and I think it is because people are assuming that if they send me something I will send them something with an Antartica stamp on it, I am posting my mailing address. No wait a second, people just want to send me things because that is what nice people do, hence why I didn't think of it. Anyway, here ya go
Galen Dossin
PSC 469 Box 700
APO AP 96599-1035

Feel free to send whatever and I don't think postage rates are that bad. It is the same as sending something to California. As of now I don't have any requests but some of you probably know me better than I know myself.
Some folks also wanted a shot of McMurdo, so that is the top photo and the bottom is of Mt. Erabus, I think it is the southern most active volcano and right around the corner from town. It is constantly putting out a bunch of little puffs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola Galancito...
i'm a bit overwhelmed here... for some strange reason i thought you in Alaska or preparing to ski with your buddies in the states and now i hear and see amazing pics of you in Antartica... i knew you were going there i just didn't know you were already there...
it sounds like a good job... a well paid job. a really well paid job... it wouldn't surprise me that a million friends show up from under the rocks to be a friend of a well-paid antarctic worker... but believe me it's "true friendship",ha,ha...
i'm so happy for those of you ( and soon myself after May 08)who have decided to start life (real life after nols!)... don't take me wrong i have had some great times with some great people. mostly in Magallanes and Alaska... i'm SOOOO looking forward to it... life again.
I'm preparing a little something something from our dearest patagonia... sending it not too soon, hopefully before you are out of there.
i hope i can get to see you soon in this life.
I love your blog... you crack me up, always did.
i'll be checking out your new adventures in this new adventures everyday for sure...
by the way... speaking of finding a wife (i didn't succeed finding you a "polola")... are there any women in Antartica... any females??? (not talking about seals or penguins)
Luckily you'll be able to find yourself (using your patagonian skills)a wife/companion for those many hours of light or darkness (depending on the season)... my thoughts are with you...
keep us posted.
On a more serious thought, i do miss you a lot here... prep week is not the same without you, asados y parrilladas are raher flat and dry.
Andy Dennis is trying hard though, ha,ha... it's great seeing him... we went out last night to Piel Roja, uff! estuvo bueno.
Love hearing from you.
You take care and go falling into crevasses (it wouldn't look nice on your resume!)
Mucho amor y abrazos gordos,
Lalissen